Sale TermsUpdated: March 2020
Extended Refund Policy Window: Receipted returns, or returns made with an order invoice for purchases made on or after February 1, 2020 can be returned to the original tender type through June 30, 2020 regardless of the return window stated on the back of the receipt or invoice.
The Dispute Resolution section of these terms contains a binding arbitration agreement and class action waiver that waives your right to a court hearing or jury trial.
By purchasing merchandise, gift cards, and/or e-gift cards from the Abercrombie & Fitch (A&F) Website, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Sale Terms"), including the Dispute Resolution provision found below with its arbitration agreement and jury trial and class action waivers. Any of the following situations may be referred to as an order that was purchased from the A&F Website: (i) you placed an order via Abercrombie.com (desktop or mobile); (ii) you placed an order via the Pickup in Store feature (i.e. you placed an online order to be picked up in a store) offered on Abercrombie.com; (iii) you placed an online order while in an A&F or abercrombie kids store located in the United States and the order is to be fulfilled via shipment (iv) you placed an order via the A&F mobile app; (v) you placed an order via an A&F microsite; or (vi) you placed an order via the telephone.
The current version of the Sale Terms is available at Abercrombie.com. Because the Sale Terms are subject to change at any moment, please review and save a copy of the Sale Terms prior to placing your order. If you have questions in regards to these Sale Terms and/or any aspect of your order, then please contact the A&F Customer Service Department by email at Abercrombie@Abercrombie.com or by telephone at +1-866-681-3115 or +1-925-359-2579.
Order and Acceptance
- Each part of an order that you submit to A&F constitutes an offer to make a purchase. If you have placed your order through the A&F Website, then, after A&F receives your order, you will receive an email from A&F confirming receipt of your order (usually in minutes). If you do not receive an email from A&F confirming receipt of an order that you placed, please contact the A&F Customer Service Department at the contact information provided above before you attempt resubmit for the same order. Please note that A&F's confirmation of receipt of your order does not equate to A&F's acceptance of your order.
- A&F is not deemed to have accepted any part of your order until the requested item(s) has/have been shipped and A&F has sent a Shipment Confirmation Email or a Ready for Pickup Email. You may track the progress of your order on the Track My Order page.
- If A&F rejects your order due to an error in pricing and/or other information, then A&F will notify you at the email address that you have provided. Once the error has been corrected, A&F will ask you whether or not you would like to re-submit your order. If A&F has notified you that your order has been accepted by sending you a Shipment Confirmation Email or a Ready for Pickup Email, then you will not be required to pay a price that is greater than the order total that is listed in the email. If A&F has distributed merchandise that is different from the description of the relevant merchandise (as displayed on the A&F Website at the time at which you placed your order), then you may request a return or an exchange. For additional details, please review the A&F Returns and Exchanges Policy outlined below.
Although it is unlikely that A&F would refuse to accept an order, A&F reserves the right to deny any order for any reason, including where the following situations arise:
Product and Pricing Information or Changes
A&F strives to provide the most accurate and up-to-date representations of our products on our Website. We take reasonable steps to ensure that pricing, product descriptions, promotions, offers, availability, and other aspects not enumerated are correct at the time the relevant information is entered into the system. However, occasionally, our Website may contain typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to pricing, and other aspects of products. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any product information is incorrect at any time without prior notice. This includes the right to cancel your order after it has been submitted if there are any inaccuracies on our Website. If this occurs, then A&F will contact you so that you are aware of the situation. If you believe your order has been cancelled by mistake, please contact A&F by email at OrderService@Abercrombie.com.
Error(s) in Billing, Payment, and/or Shipping Information
Some orders cannot be processed due to erroneous information that you have provided, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Incorrect credit card or debit card number, expiration date, and/or security value.
- Other incorrect information regarding payment types.
- Incorrect billing information (e.g. when you provide billing information that is inconsistent with the billing information that your financial institution has on record).
- Insufficient or incorrect information regarding your shipping address (e.g. street address, city, state, zip or postal code, etc.).
- Suspected fraudulent information.
Delayed Shipment or Unavailability of Merchandise
If an item of merchandise is delayed out of the A&F fulfillment center or becomes unavailable, then A&F may cancel the order. If this occurs, then A&F will contact you so that you are aware of the situation.
Reshipping of Merchandise
A&F's policies do not allow merchandise to be reshipped in any way. Any order that is being shipped to a "Freight Forwarding Company" will not be accepted. A complete listing of countries to which A&F ships can be accessed on the Shipping & Handling page.
Resale of Merchandise
A&F is a private label brand. In order to protect A&F's intellectual property rights, any suspected resale of merchandise for personal and/or business profit is strictly prohibited. A&F will not accept any order that is deemed to possess characteristics of reselling. A&F reserves the right to cancel any subsequent order from a customer who has been suspected of reselling.
Previous Fraudulent Order History
A&F may refuse to accept any order if fraudulent activity is suspected. A&F may refuse to process any subsequent order from a customer who has a history of placing fraudulent orders. A&F may refuse any order that is connected with a previous credit card dispute.
Gift Wrap Service
The Gift Wrap service is not available for Pickup in Store orders or may not apply to some items. The Gift Wrap service may be cancelled for some items or orders (depending on the location from which the merchandise is being shipped).
Custom and Personalized Products
Custom and personalized product sales are final and are not eligible for returns, exchanges, cancellations or alterations. Custom and personalized products include, but are not limited to, products that are embroidered, embellished, or personalized with a photograph at the customer's request. If you are unsure whether a product is custom or personalized, please contact the A&F Customer Service Department before placing the order.
Engagement With A&F and Affiliates
A&F, Hollister Co., and abercrombie kids (collectively the "Company") reserve the right to block from receiving marketing communications and/or the right to remove and/or unsubscribe from all Company platforms any email address, phone number, and/or mailing address that is associated with a customer who has been determined by the Company to possess characteristics of reselling and/or a customer order that has been determined by the Company to be fraudulent. Company platforms affected by such removal and/or unsubscriptions include, but are not limited to: (i) any of the Company's online accounts; (ii) promotional club memberships; (iii) email marketing lists; (iv) text messaging programs; and/or (v) direct mailing lists. In addition, affected customers may be prohibited from accessing and/or registering for each of the aforementioned platforms in the future.
Returns and Exchanges
Receipted returns, or returns made with an order invoice for purchases made on or after February 1, 2020 can be returned to the original tender type through June 30, 2020 regardless of the return window stated on the back of the receipt or invoice.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase made on the A&F Website or App, return it to us for a refund or exchange subject to the following terms:
To receive a full refund to the original payment method, merchandise must be returned within 60 days of the order shipment date accompanied with the original receipt, invoice, or order confirmation. If there are multiple shipments in an order, then merchandise must be returned within 60 days from the date of the last shipment. The 60-day return period will be applied to the different return methods as follows:
- Return to store: return must occur within 60 days of the ship date.
- Return using our online returns and exchanges process: return must be initiated within 60 days of the ship date.
- Return outside of the online returns and exchanges process: merchandise must be received by the Abercrombie & Fitch Returns Department within 60 days of the ship date.
- Merchandise returned after the 60-day return period will receive a merchandise credit based on the original amount of payment. For online returns sent to the returns department address, the merchandise credit will be issued via an e-gift card to the email address associated with the order.
- Custom and personalized product sales are final and are not eligible for returns, exchanges, cancellations or alterations. Custom and personalized products include, but are not limited to, products that are embroidered, embellished, or personalized with a photograph at the customer's request. If you are unsure whether a product is custom or personalized, please contact the A&F Customer Service Department before placing the order.
- To return or exchange your merchandise at an Abercrombie & Fitch or abercrombie kids store, please bring your items and order invoice to a store. Online orders must be placed in USD to be returned or exchanged in a store in the United States.
- To return or exchange your merchandise online, visit the Start My Return page to start your return now. Upon submitting your online return, you will receive a return label via email. A fee of $7.00 will be deducted from your refund to use this label. Drop off your return at a local post office, and your refund or exchange will be processed as soon as Abercrombie & Fitch has confirmed receipt of your return.
- Merchandise purchased in store is subject to the store's return policy.
Whether you want to return or exchange, you can send your merchandise back to us at:
Abercrombie & Fitch Returns Department
100 Abercrombie Way
New Albany, Ohio 43054
If you are exchanging, be sure to include the Full Item Name, Size and Color for each new item on the original invoice. Please note that merchandise may not be in stock, and online-only merchandise will not be available in stores.
If you choose your own carrier you will be responsible for return shipping costs.
Once we process your return, you will receive an email notification regarding your refund.
Exchanges not submitted online and sent to the returns department address listed above are only processed for purchases made using a credit card and/or gift card or e-gift card; otherwise a refund will be issued. Merchandise that is in stock may not equate to an even exchange and there may be a price difference. Any difference in pricing for an exchange will be placed back on the credit card and/or a new merchandise credit will be issued if original payment was on a gift card or e-gift card.
Merchandise must be returned in its original individual packaging where applicable (e.g. fragrance, shoe, or accessory boxes, etc.).
We refund any merchandise in resalable condition with a copy of your original invoice to the original payment method or order confirmation to the original payment method (excludes PayPal and merchandise purchased via Order in Store and paid in cash) if mailed to the address listed above.
If you placed an order in store and paid cash, any refunds, cancellations or returns will initiate an email allowing you to go back to an Abercrombie & Fitch or abercrombie kids store location in the US within 10 days to receive your refund. You will need to provide your name and address if it is a cash return. If you do not return to a store within 10 days, an e-gift card will be sent to the email address used on your order.
Refunds for online orders returned to a store without an invoice or order confirmation will not be accepted.
Customer Initiated Order Cancellations and Changes
You may make changes to or cancel your order at any time prior to the packing of your order in the A&F Distribution Center. To make changes to or cancel your order, please contact the A&F Customer Service Department by email at Abercrombie@Abercrombie.com or by telephone at +1-866-681-3115 or +1-925-359-2579.
If you placed your order via the A&F Website and your order has already been packed, then you may request a return or an exchange in an A&F store located in the US or you may send the merchandise back to A&F in accordance with the A&F Returns and Exchanges Policy (above). All sales of Gift Cards and E-Gift Cards are final. All sales of Gift Cards and E-Gift Cards are subject to the terms outlined in the "Gift Card Details" (found on the Gift Card page) and the "E-Gift Card Details" (found on the E-Gift Card page), respectively.
If you place an order via the Pickup in Store feature offered on the A&F Website, you no longer want the merchandise that you ordered, and at least one of the following situations applies to you, then you may request a refund by contacting the A&F Customer Service Department at the phone number provided above: (i) your order has already been pulled from the inventory of the selected store and is ready to be picked up at the selected store; or (ii) your order has already been packed in the A&F Distribution Center and has arrived at the selected store. If you fail to pick up your order within ten (10) days of the date on which the final item of merchandise is ready to be picked up at the selected store, then your order will be automatically returned. Following the cancellation of your order, a refund will be issued to your original means of payment, or a merchandise credit will be issued if you originally paid for the order using a gift card or an e-gift card.
Merchandise on Backorder
Merchandise on backorder is temporarily out of stock. If A&F is unable to ship any merchandise on backorder seven (7) days from the date on which the item backorder email was issued, then A&F will notify you at the email address that you have provided. You will not be charged for merchandise on backorder until it has been shipped. The shipping and handling for each item in an order is distributed so that it is directly proportional to the cost of an item; you will not be charged in the applicable proportional amount until the respective item has been shipped. All items in an order will be shipped via the shipping service type that you selected when placing your order. The status of a backordered item will remain open in an order until: (i) the merchandise is in stock, A&F has taken payment, and A&F has shipped the merchandise; (ii) A&F has contacted you to inform you that an item has been cancelled; or (iii) you contact A&F for the purpose of making a change to or cancelling your order.
Prices and Payments
A&F may vary the price of its merchandise at any time. After A&F has accepted an order, A&F will not alter the price (except for merchandise that is eligible for a price adjustment).
Orders That Will Be Shipped to the US and/or Canada
If you have ordered merchandise via the A&F Website and A&F has reduced the price of any item of merchandise (of the same color and size) in your order, then A&F is happy to process a price adjustment for you. Please note that you may only do so within fourteen (14) days of the date on which you placed your order. A&F offers price adjustments only for merchandise purchased at the full price. Each item that you purchase from A&F is eligible for only one (1) price adjustment. In order to request a price adjustment, please contact the A&F Customer Service Department by email at Abercrombie@Abercrombie.com or by telephone at +1-866-681-3115 or +1-925-359-2579. Please remember to include your order number and other details regarding the merchandise that you believe to be eligible for a price adjustment.
Payments by Credit Card
When you pay for an order using a credit card, A&F reserves the right to request additional evidence of your billing information. Please note that all payments with a debit card will be processed in the form of credit. The charge for your order will appear on your credit card statement as "ABERCROMBIE.COM" or "ABERCROMBIEKIDS.COM." If you contest the validity and/or the amount of a charge pertaining to an order from A&F and you believe it to be fraudulent, then please contact A&F by email at OrderService@Abercrombie.com.
A&F will fully prosecute any fraudulent activity pertaining to the reversal of a valid charge for an order filed and delivered to the customer. In the event that your order has been cancelled, any "authorization hold" will drop off of your account within three (3) to five (5) business days.
Check your receipt and notify a store associate of any overcharge. We will refund you the difference between the overcharge and the purchase price.
Delivery / Pickup In Store
The charges for shipping and handling will depend on the value of your order, the country to which the merchandise is being shipped, and the delivery date that you requested. You may access a list of A&F's shipping and handling charges and A&F's terms of delivery on the Shipping & Handling page.
- Any Dispute between You and A&F shall be resolved through individual arbitration. In arbitration, there is no judge or jury and there is less discovery and less appellate review than in court.
- This arbitration provision shall be interpreted broadly. "Dispute" means any claim or controversy between You and A&F, including but not limited to any: (1) claims for relief or theories of liability, whether based in contract, tort, statute or otherwise, or that relate to the existence of this Agreement; (2) claims that arose before this Agreement; (3) claims that may arise in the future, including claims that may arise after the cancelation or expiration of this Agreement; and (4) claims that are the subject of a putative class action in which no class has been certified. "Dispute" does not, however, include any issues arising from or relating to the arbitrability of any Disputes under this provision or the scope, validity, or enforceability of this arbitration provision. "You" means the person who made a purchase from A&F in any manner including but not limited to in store, online or through the A&F mobile app. "A&F" means Abercrombie & Fitch Stores, Inc., and any of its predecessors, successors, assigns, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, vendors and independent contractors, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents.
Right to Sue in Small Claims Court.
- Notwithstanding anything in this arbitration provision to the contrary, either You or A&F may bring an individual action in small claims court if the amount claimed is within the jurisdiction of that court.
Right to Enjoin Intellectual Property Misuse.
- Notwithstanding anything in this arbitration provision to the contrary, A&F may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or otherwise enforce intellectual property rights.
Right to Reject Future Changes to this Arbitration Provision.
- You may reject future changes to this arbitration provision by sending A&F written notice by certified mail postmarked no later than thirty (30) days after Your first receipt of notice of the change to Abercrombie & Fitch, 6301 Fitch Path, New Albany, OH 43054, Attention: Legal Department. Your decision will not adversely affect Your relationship with or service from A&F. If You previously notified A&F of Your decision, You need not do so again.
Procedures for Arbitration.
- This arbitration provision is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. Arbitrations shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") pursuant to its Consumer Arbitration Rules (collectively the "AAA Rules") as modified by the version of this arbitration provision that is in effect when notice of a Dispute is given. The AAA Rules can be obtained from the AAA by visiting its website (www.adr.org) or calling its toll-free number (1-800-778-7879). If there is a conflict between this arbitration provision and the rest of this Agreement, this arbitration provision will govern. If there is a conflict between this arbitration provision and the AAA Rules, this arbitration provision will govern. If the AAA will not administer an arbitration in accordance with this arbitration provision, You and A&F will agree on (or if necessary petition a court of appropriate jurisdiction to appoint) an arbitration organization that will do so. Unless You and A&F agree otherwise, any arbitration hearing will take place in the county where You reside. The arbitrator will issue a reasoned written decision that explains the essential findings and conclusions. The arbitrator's award may be entered in any court of appropriate jurisdiction.
Right to Arbitral Fees and Costs.
- If You claim more than $10,000, the payment of the AAA's fees and costs will be governed by the AAA Rules. If You do not claim more than $10,000, the payment of the AAA's fees and costs will be A&F's responsibility. However, if the arbitrator finds that Your Dispute was frivolous or brought for an improper purpose, the payment of the AAA's fees and costs will be governed by the AAA Rules and You will reimburse A&F for all fees and costs that were Your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules.
Right to Attorneys' Fees and Costs.
- You may hire an attorney to represent You. You are responsible for Your attorneys' fees and costs. You may recover them from A&F to the same extent as in court.
Waiver of Jury Trials.
Disputes in arbitrations and small claims court are resolved without a jury trial. Whether in arbitration or court, you and A&F waive the right to a jury trial.
Waiver of Class Actions.
Whether in arbitration or court, you and A&F waive the right to prosecute or participate in class action, collective action, or other representative action. You and A&F may seek relief only on behalf of themselves and only to the extent necessary to remedy their individual claims. This class action waiver is a material and essential part of and cannot be severed from this arbitration provision.
- This arbitration provision shall survive the cancellation or expiration of the Agreement.
Limitation of Liability
For purposes of this limitation of liability provision, "A&F" includes not only Abercrombie & Fitch but also its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, predecessors, successors and assigns, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents.
You waive the ability to assert a claim against A&F more than one (1) year after the first event or fact that gives rise to the claim.
In no event shall A&F be liable to you or to any third party for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages (including but not limited to lost profits or business opportunities), regardless of the legal theory, regardless of whether such damages were foreseeable, and regardless of whether A&F was advised of the possibility of such damages.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, these limitations of liability shall not apply to injuries: (1) to the body or person; or (2) caused by A&F's willful, malicious, reckless, or grossly negligent acts or omissions.
These limitations of liability shall survive the termination of this agreement. Because the law regarding limitations of liability varies from state to state, these limitations of liability may not apply to you. Notice to New Jersey consumers: these limitations of liability apply in New Jersey.
Events Outside Our Control
An event outside our control means any event or cause beyond A&F's reasonable control, including without limiting (i) epidemic, pandemic, famine, earthquakes, floods, war, terrorism, whether foreign or domestic, overwhelming event(s) caused by natural forces, extreme weather, or other natural disaster; (ii) acts of civil or military authority, insurrection, riots, strikes, fire, or explosion; (iii) picketing, strikes, or labor shortage; or (iv) interruption of or delay in transportation, shortage or failure of supply of raw materials or finished merchandise, power outages, telecommunication outages, or any other intervening system, software, or service not operated by A&F (collectively "Force Majeure Event").
If a Force Majeure Event occurs, we will not be liable to you or any third party for any loss, damage, delay, liability, expense, or cost related to or caused by such Force Majeure Event.
Additional Terms and Resources
A&F is located, and controls the A&F Website, from its offices located in the State of Ohio. These Sale Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions. These Sale Terms are not enforceable by any party other than A&F and its customers. If any provision of these Sale Terms is determined to not be enforceable, then that particular term will be deleted and all other terms will remain.