A&F Club Terms
myAbercrombie Terms and ConditionsUpdated: October 2019
Welcome to the loyalty program for Abercrombie & Fitch ("A&F"), myAbercrombie. This is intended to describe myAbercrombie and the terms for participation in myAbercrombie, which includes the Site Use and Sale Terms (these myAbercrombie Terms and Conditions referred to as "Terms" below).
Who Can Join?
myAbercrombie is currently only available to residents of the United States age fourteen (14) and older. Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of A&F are eligible to join but may be excluded from certain promotions.
How Does It Work?
Becoming a Member. Become a Member by signing up at a participating U.S. A&F or abercrombie kids store, (excluding San Francisco Premium Outlet, Katy Mills Mega Outlet, Gurnee Mills Mega Outlet, and Plaza Las Americas locations) or through the A&F website or Mobile Application ("App"). Note, individuals who have an active online account with A&F are already Members in myAbercrombie. Upon signing up for a Membership, individuals will receive an email confirming their Membership in myAbercrombie within three (3) days of signing up. Only one (1) myAbercrombie Membership is permitted per person, per email address.
Registering Purchases. When making a purchase in a store, Members may register purchases with their myAbercrombie ID at checkout by having the associate scan the myAbercrombie ID found inside the Member's myAbercrombie account. Associates can also look up a Member's myAbercrombie ID using the email address or the ten-digit telephone number provided upon registration to be a Member of myAbercrombie. When making purchases online, Members must sign into their Membership prior to making the purchase. Note, all purchases made when using the myAbercrombie ID (both in store and online) are available to be viewed on the "My Orders" and "History" sections in the myAbercrombie Membership page.
What are the Perks of myAbercrombie?
Points can be earned towards a Reward ("Reward") redeemable for savings on purchases (details explained below under "Base Rewards" section).
Special Birthday Surprise.
Special Member only pricing, discounts, and rewards.
Possible store contests and potential special Members only events.
Points are earned at the time of purchase when a Member provides or scans their myAbercrombie ID at stores or if a Member is signed into their Membership when ordering online, points will be earned at the time of shipment. Only one (1) myAbercrombie ID can be used per transaction. Points may only be earned on purchases made after January 2017.
Members earn 10 points for every net dollar spent (including using gift cards as tender on purchases) on any Eligible Product Purchases (as defined below). Net dollars spent is the amount spent on an Eligible Product Purchase, excluding the use of merchandise credit as tender and minus the costs specified below on point calculations.
All product purchases (excluding purchases of gift cards and e-gift cards) earn ten (10) points for every net dollar spent in store or online. Points earned will be rounded to the nearest whole cent.
myAbercrombie may identify additional opportunities for Members to earn points from time to time. For example, those opportunities may include the following:
- Share details on Member profile. Points may be awarded for each additional detail provided with a Membership profile (details which qualify to earn points will be indicated within the myAbercrombie Membership page, but will not include name, phone, or email address as these are required fields for Membership creation). Points will only be awarded once per lifetime of each Membership.
- Signing up for text message marketing. Points may be awarded for new user sign-up to the mobile A&F text message marketing program. Points will only be awarded for sign-up of a mobile cellular phone number which is already associated with an existing myAbercrombie Membership. Also, points will only be awarded once per lifetime of each Membership.
- Initial Membership sign-in on App. Points may be awarded for the initial sign-in to myAbercrombie on the App after the first App download. Points will only be awarded once per lifetime of each Membership.
- In-store check-in. myAbercrombie Members are eligible to earn 100 points by checking in through the A&F App during store visits. This offer is not valid outside the US, EU, and UK. myAbercrombie Members are eligible to redeem offer one (1) time per day and up to fifty-two (52) times per Calendar Year. A&F associates are not eligible to receive points for in-store check-ins.
Points will post to the corresponding myAbercrombie Membership within approximately forty-eight hours (48) hours from in-store purchase or date of online or store order shipment. If Members do not identify themselves at time of purchase, a manual adjustment can be made to add the points to the myAbercrombie Membership for up to thirty (30) days from the actual purchase date. Please see the "History" section of Membership for instructions on how to do this.
Point calculations are based upon dollars spent at checkout on Eligible Product Purchases. "Eligible Product Purchases" means purchases of products such as clothing, accessories, and personal care items such as fragrance. The following costs are excluded from point calculation of Eligible Product Purchases: sales tax, state fees, shipping & handling or delivery charges, gift wrap fees, and purchase of gift cards or e-gift cards. Also, Members do not earn points for the amount of any coupon, discounts, or merchandise credit applied to purchases, as well as the value of any Reward being redeemed. A&F has the right to make the final decision on whether any product purchase qualifies for points.
When Members return products to the store or return online purchases by mail, points previously posted for that purchase will be deducted from the point balance of the myAbercrombie Membership provided at the time of purchase. If a Member's point balance is insufficient to cover a deduction related to a return, the Members' point balance may go into the negative, and any Membership reaching into a negative balance is subject to be suspended from all further activity at the discretion of A&F. Members with a suspended account will need to reach A&F's Customer Service Department to seek reinstatement. If an account has a negative balance, all earned points will apply first to the negative balance before a Member may begin earning points eligible for conversion to a Reward.
Points are property of A&F, have no cash value, and are not transferable to anyone else or any other Membership in any capacity for any reason. Unused points will expire twelve (12) months after they have been issued if there is no activity on the Membership within the twelve (12) month period. Points that remain on a myAbercrombie Membership will also expire and are forfeited if myAbercrombie is terminated or the myAbercrombie Membership is closed. Points may not be combined among Members.
When Members reach various point thresholds as outlined below, they will automatically have those points converted into a Reward redeemable for money off their purchase at an A&F or abercrombie kids store or Abercrombie.com (excluding San Francisco Premium Outlet, Katy Mills Mega Outlet, Gurnee Mills Mega Outlet, and Plaza Las Americas locations).
|Point Levels:||Reward Value:|
myAbercrombie Members will qualify for VIP Status when they spend $500 in a Member year. "Member Year" is defined as twelve (12) months from the date of the Member's first registration and each anniversary thereafter, for the duration of a Membership. VIP status is good for the Member Year in which you qualify, and the following Member Year. To maintain your VIP status, you must re-qualify every Member Year. In the event you return a purchase which qualified you for VIP status, the point value of the return will be deducted from your Membership account and you could lose your VIP status.
VIP myAbercrombie Members earn myAbercrombie Rewards faster by earning 15 points for every dollar spent. In addition to faster earning, VIPs receive a special gift each time they reach VIP status along with occasional VIP exclusive offers.
Rewards are valid only in the U.S. in stores and online. Not valid outside of the U.S. or at San Francisco Premium Outlet, Katy Mills Mega Outlet, Gurnee Mills Mega Outlet, and Plaza Las Americas stores. Reward expiration dates will vary. Check your Reward for the exact expiration date. Reward applies pre-tax or state fee and cannot be used for purchases of gift cards, e-gift cards, shipping & handling or delivery charges, and gift wrap. Reward cannot be applied to previous purchases. Reward must be presented/entered at time of purchase in stores or online. Discount will be applied at checkout to all eligible items and will be deducted upon return of any item to which the discount was applied. Rewards may be used in conjunction with other Rewards (as limited below) and most other discounts or offers toward the purchase of products, for a discount up to the total purchase amount. If the purchase total is less than the value of the Reward(s) being used, any unused portion of any given Reward's value is forfeited. There is a limit of three (3) Rewards per transaction. Rewards constitute a discount from your purchase amount and shall not be considered tender. Rewards are not redeemable for cash or store credit. Rewards are non-transferable and not for resale. Rewards are valid for one (1) time use only. Lost, stolen, or expired Rewards will not be replaced.
Rewards will be posted to myAbercrombie Memberships within approximately twenty-four (24) hours after points are converted into a Reward. Based on the Reward value reached, the corresponding amount of points will be deducted from the myAbercrombie Membership balance for every Reward issued. Rewards should be available for use soon after Member has received Rewards. Once points have been converted into a Reward, they cannot be converted back into points even if the Reward is never redeemed and expired.
Members may earn up to a maximum of one hundred thousand (100,000) points per calendar year. "Calendar Year" is defined as the one-year period beginning on January 1 and ending on December 31. Therefore, as an example, Members in good standing may earn up to a maximum of forty (40) $10 Rewards per Calendar Year, twenty (20) $20 Rewards per Calendar Year, roughly thirteen (13) $30 Rewards per Calendar Year, ten (10) $40 Rewards per Calendar Year, or other various combinations of different Rewards values.
Rewards are property of A&F, have no cash value, and are not transferable to anyone else or any other Membership in any capacity for any reason. Unused Rewards that remain on myAbercrombie Memberships expire as indicated and are forfeited if myAbercrombie is terminated or the myAbercrombie Membership is closed. A&F is not responsible for lost Rewards, including due to change of email address, or other contact information.
Upon signing up for Membership in myAbercrombie, individuals will sign up to receive emails and/or social media messages, for example, Facebook messages, regarding special Members only offers and events, as well as new features of myAbercrombie. myAbercrombie communications would be in addition to general marketing communications from A&F about A&F products (should Member be otherwise signed up to receive these general emails). Furthermore, Members who scan or provide their myAbercrombie ID at the store with a purchase will automatically receive an e-receipt confirmation at the email address listed in the myAbercrombie Membership. E-receipts are neither A&F marketing nor myAbercrombie Membership communications, but merely confirmations of store purchases.
A&F brand marketing and myAbercrombie marketing emails will include opt-out instructions should individuals no longer want to receive any of these types of A&F communications. Even if a Member opts-out of marketing materials, if the myAbercrombie Membership is still active, Members will continue to receive relationship/operational communications related to myAbercrombie unless the myAbercrombie Membership is cancelled. Individuals do not need to cancel their myAbercrombie Membership to opt-out from receiving A&F brand marketing, myAbercrombie marketing, or e-receipt communications.
You can opt-out of receiving e-receipts from a store purchase by emailing the request to Privacy@Anfcorp.com from the email address associated with your myAbercrombie Membership. Members can opt-out of receiving myAbercrombie marketing and/or A&F brand marketing communications by going to the Unsubscribe page and entering the email address and/or social media account information associated with the myAbercrombie Membership and/or A&F brand marketing email subscription, or by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the footer of any of these communications.
Cancellation of myAbercrombie Membership
We don't think anyone will want to stop getting the great benefits of myAbercrombie, but Members who decide they want to cancel their myAbercrombie Membership can use the Contact Us section of the Help page and include the email address of the myAbercrombie Membership they wish to cancel.
Cancellation of a myAbercrombie Membership cancels the Member's entire account on Abercrombie.com. If a Member decides to cancel their myAbercrombie Membership, all unused points and Rewards will be cancelled. If the Member subsequently signs up to become a Member again we will not reinstate the previously cancelled, unused myAbercrombie points or Rewards.
If a Member chooses to cancel their myAbercrombie Membership but has separately signed up for A&F brand marketing communications, the Member will be opting out of both myAbercrombie marketing and A&F brand marketing communications. Cancelling the myAbercrombie Membership will also cancel e-receipts, unless the Member independently opts-in to receive e-receipts.
General Terms of myAbercrombie
- All questions regarding myAbercrombie in general or these Terms in specific should be directed to either Abercrombie@Abercrombie.com or 866-681-3115.
- A&F reserves the right to suspend or cancel any myAbercrombie Membership and participation in myAbercrombie at any time for any reason, including for any suspected fraudulent use of myAbercrombie.
- A&F is a private label brand. To protect its intellectual property rights, any suspected resale of our merchandise for personal or business profit is strictly prohibited. Those suspected of reselling are prohibited from becoming a Member in myAbercrombie. A&F will not accept any order found to have characteristics of reselling. A&F reserves the right to cancel all subsequent orders from such customers.
- As to the requirement of only one (1) myAbercrombie Membership per person per email account, if there is a dispute regarding the email account, it will be deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to the submitted email address by an internet provider, or online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- These Terms supersede all previously published Terms in their entirety.
- A&F reserves the right to make bonus points and other promotional offers available to select Members based on purchase activity, geographic location, myAbercrombie participation, and/or information supplied by the Member, or other factors. A&F reserves the right to add, withdraw, amend, or otherwise change bonus opportunities at any time at its sole discretion, with or without notice to Members.
- A&F reserves the right to cancel myAbercrombie and/or its benefits at any time with or without notice to Members. Unused Rewards that remain on myAbercrombie Memberships are forfeited if myAbercrombie is terminated or the myAbercrombie Membership is closed.
- A&F reserves the right to change these Terms with or without notice, including the terms related to earning points and Rewards.
- All title and intellectual property rights in and to any content that is accessed, viewed, streamed, or downloaded from the myAbercrombie site (including music, photos and videos) remains the sole and exclusive property of A&F or its licensor. The use of such content is subject to the restrictions imposed by these Terms and copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. Content may not be used in a manner that exceeds the specific rights granted and individuals are strictly prohibited from copying, modifying, selling, re-licensing or distributing content. Members agree that they will not interfere with A&F's or its licensors' rights to their content and will not circumvent, or attempt to circumvent, any technology or methods used by A&F or its licensors to prevent the unauthorized reproduction or distribution of content accessible via myAbercrombie.
- A&F, its parent and subsidiaries and affiliate entities, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents make no warranty, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose with respect to myAbercrombie, Membership in myAbercrombie, or any products or services related to myAbercrombie.
- Members are responsible for providing the correct email address to receive myAbercrombie points and Rewards and to update their myAbercrombie Membership should their e-mail address change.
- These Terms will be governed by and construed under the substantive laws of the State of Ohio, without reference to conflict-of-laws considerations.
- Becoming a Member of myAbercrombie means Member is bound by these Terms.
Limitation of Liability.
For purposes of this limitation of liability provision, "A&F" includes not only Abercrombie & Fitch, but also its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, predecessors, successors and assigns, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents.
Except as expressly provided in this agreement, in no event shall A&F be liable to you or to any third party for any damages arising or resulting from the use of any Reward by someone other than the myAbercrombie Member to whom the Reward was sent.
In no event shall A&F be liable to you or to any third party for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages (including but not limited to lost profits or business opportunities), regardless of the legal theory, regardless of whether such damages were foreseeable, and regardless of whether A&F was advised to the possibility of such damages.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, these limitations of liability shall not apply to injuries: (1) to the body or person; or (2) caused by A&F's willful, malicious, reckless, or grossly negligent acts or omissions.
These limitations of liability shall survive the termination of this agreement. Because the law regarding limitations of liability varies from state to state, these limitations of liability may not apply to you. Notice to New Jersey consumers: these limitations of liability apply in New Jersey.
Any Dispute between You and A&F shall be resolved through individual arbitration. In arbitration, there is no judge or jury and there is less discovery and less appellate review than in court.
This arbitration provision shall be interpreted broadly. "Dispute" means any claim or controversy between You and A&F, including but not limited to any: (1) claims for relief or theories of liability, whether based in contract, tort, statute or otherwise, or that relate to the existence of this Agreement; (2) claims that arose before this Agreement; (3) claims that may arise in the future, including claims that may arise after the cancellation or expiration of this Agreement; and (4) claims that are the subject of a putative class action in which no class has been certified. "Dispute" does not, however, include any issues arising from or relating to the arbitrability of any Disputes under this provision or the scope, validity, or enforceability of this arbitration provision. "You" means the person who subscribed to receive text messages from or on behalf of A&F and any intended or unintended beneficiaries of this Agreement, including but not limited to any subscriber to the mobile number that received text messages. "A&F" means Abercrombie & Fitch Stores, Inc., and any of its predecessors, successors, assigns, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, vendors and independent contractors, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents.
Right to Sue in Small Claims Court
Notwithstanding anything in this arbitration provision to the contrary, either You or A&F may bring an individual action in small claims court if the amount claimed is within the jurisdiction of that court.
Right to Reject Future Changes to this Arbitration Provision.
You may reject future changes to this arbitration provision by sending A&F written notice by certified mail postmarked no later than thirty (30) days after Your first receipt of notice of the change to Abercrombie & Fitch, 6301 Fitch Path, New Albany, OH 43054, Attention: Legal Department. Your decision will not adversely affect Your relationship with or service from A&F. If You previously notified A&F of Your decision, You need not do so again.
Procedures for Arbitration.
This arbitration provision is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. Arbitrations shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") pursuant to its Consumer Arbitration Rules (collectively the "AAA Rules") as modified by the version of this arbitration provision that is in effect when notice of a Dispute is given. The AAA Rules can be obtained from the AAA by visiting its website (https://www.adr.org/) or calling its toll-free number (1-800-778-7879). If there is a conflict between this arbitration provision and the rest of this Agreement, this arbitration provision will govern. If there is a conflict between this arbitration provision and the AAA Rules, this arbitration provision will govern. If the AAA will not administer an arbitration in accordance with this arbitration provision, You and A&F will agree on (or if necessary petition a court of appropriate jurisdiction to appoint) an arbitration organization that will do so. Unless You and A&F agree otherwise, any arbitration hearing will take place in the county where You reside. The arbitrator will issue a reasoned written decision that explains the essential findings and conclusions. The arbitrator's award may be entered in any court of appropriate jurisdiction.
Right to Arbitral Fees and Costs.
If You claim more than $10,000, the payment of the AAA's fees and costs will be governed by the AAA Rules. If You do not claim more than $10,000, the payment of the AAA's fees and costs will be A&F's responsibility. However, if the arbitrator finds that Your Dispute was frivolous or brought for an improper purpose, the payment of the AAA's fees and costs will be governed by the AAA Rules and You will reimburse A&F for all fees and costs that were Your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules.
Right to Attorneys' Fees and Costs.
You may hire an attorney to represent You. You are responsible for Your attorneys' fees and costs. You may recover them from A&F to the same extent as in court.
Waiver of Jury Trials.
Disputes in arbitration and small claims court are resolved without a jury trial. Whether in arbitration or court, You and A&F waive the right to a jury trial.
Waiver of Class Actions.
Whether in arbitration or court, You and A&F waive the right to prosecute or participate in a class action, collective action, or other representative action. You and A&F may seek relief only on behalf of themselves and only to the extent necessary to remedy their individual claims. This class action waiver is a material and essential part of and cannot be severed from this arbitration provision.
This arbitration provision shall survive the cancellation or expiration of the Agreement.